Safeguarding and Child Protection
If you are a student experiencing or are in danger of neglect, abuse, radicalisation or are vulnerable to exploitation please see Mrs Gill, Mrs Berriman, Mr Kelly (Designated Safeguarding Lead) or your Head of Year for assistance and advice as soon as possible.
Alternatively if you are a student at Scott College and have a safeguarding concern and would like to report this to the college, please click on the button below, which will take you to an online form.
If you are worried or concerned about yourself or others, please contact our Safeguarding Team via the email below, where we will try to answer any questions.
Scott Medical and Healthcare College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy sets out the procedures we follow in order to ensure we are a safe and caring place for all our students.
The Government has defined Safeguarding as a term which is broader than ‘child protection’ and relates to the action taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Safeguarding is defined in Working together to safeguard children as:
- protecting children from maltreatment
- preventing impairment of children’s health and development
- ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care and
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Mr Simon Kelly
Deputy Safeguarding Lead:
Mrs L Gill
Linked Safeguarding Governor:
Colin Searls, Governor
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found here – Scott College Safeguarding Policy
Our other policies can be found here Scott College policies
- HM Government: Channel Duty Guidance
- HM Government: Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Department for Education: Keeping Children Safe In Education