16th July - 29th July 2023
A group of our students will be heading off on a school trip of a lifetime in 2023 - a two-week expedition to Indonesia to camp in Indonesian rainforest and dive in the coral triangle where the waters are renowned for their rich sea life including six of out of seven of the world's sea title species.
Students will spend the first week in the endemic-rich lowland forests of Sulawesi to help with biodiversity surveys, and a second week diving at one of the Opwall marine research centres in the heart of the Coral Triangle where they will either complete their PADI Open Water dive training course or complete an Indo-Pacific reef ecology and survey techniques course.
To find out more about this course please watch the video below. There are still places left for current year 12 students. Any students interested should email Miss Wedlake, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students are raising all or part of the exhibition cost through fundraising activities. If you would like to support students with their fundraising efforts, please find details of activities below.
Spring Raffle 2022
A big thank you to all the businesses who donated prices for our spring raffle, including:
- Pyrographer Felicity Drew - https://creativefirefly1.wixsite.com/creativefirefly
- Plymouth artist Natalie Smillie - https://www.nataliesmillie.com/
- The Hideaway Cafe
- Space to Move - https://www.spacetomove.co/
- Clay Art - https://www.clayart.co.uk/
- The Sweet Spot - https://sweetspotplymouth.com/
- Cake Box - https://www.eggfreecake.co.uk/
- The Kitchen @ LaundryLounge - https://www.kitchenatlaundrylounge.com/
- Mark Robinson - Drakes Island Ops Officer
- The Original Pasty House - www.pastyhouse.co.uk
- Moments Good Food Cafe - https://moments-cafe.com/
- Madame Butterfly - MadameButerfly@gmail.com
A special mention to Natalie Smillie who donated signed Harry Potter art prints and delighted Harry Potter superfan Mrs Parker and her children. Also, Felicity Drew who donated the very popular price of a personalised pet portrait. Students raised a total of £850. Watch this space for the Christmas raffle...
Abseil - 100ft 'The Dartmoor Drop'
In June the students took part in a sponsored abseil. Thank you to Adventure Okehampton instructors for ensuring we all got down in one piece! One student was able to raise a total of £640 towards the cost of the expedition.