Scott Medical and Healthcare College is a place for high quality learning and teaching. All students and staff are entitled to work in a safe, happy and positive environment where there are opportunities to make good progress and achieve challenging goals. We believe every student has the right to learn, and every teacher has the right to teach, creating a disruption-free learning environment in which all students can flourish and feel safe, respected and valued. We will encourage all members of our college to accept personal responsibility for their actions, to be truthful, self-disciplined and respectful of others.
“No student has the right to disrupt the learning of others. Teachers and staff will have disruption free classrooms in which they can teach, and students will have disruption free classrooms in which they can learn”
We believe that in order to enable quality first teaching and learning to take place high standards of behaviour in all aspects of College life is essential. Our broad principles are to:
- Safeguard a positive learning environment throughout the College ensuring learning is effective and students and staff feel safe, secure and supported.
- Ensure all staff promote the highest standards of behaviour through consistent and fair application of rewards and sanctions.
- Support all members of staff through training and professional development to use standard College processes so all behaviour issues including punctuality and standards of uniform are consistently addressed.
- Ensure all students recognise that they are personally responsible and accountable for their behaviour both in lessons and during social times and they can make choices about how they behave.
- Establish and re-affirm with students that there are clear and inevitable consequences for their behaviour both positive and negative.
The school's Behaviour for Learning Policy can be found here.